How is Lamjung?

I could hear the sound of Marshyangdi river in the silent night before I sleep and wake up to a beautiful view of Annapurna.
It's not been more than 2 months that I am here and there has been two rapes and a murder near this place. A cheetah entered our village in the middle of the night and scratched a goat. (Just scratch, couldn't take it away) This is the place I live in, Badagaun, Lamjung. And I am currently teaching in one of the community school of Marshyangdi gaupalika.
Well, people here and people from other different places ask me how Lamjung is and how I've been doing. It's either to please the people here or make the people of other places feel jealous, I say Lamjung is good. Ramro cha. Ramailo cha.
But it's not the ramro or ramailo I care about. All I want is my children to get more exposure to the real world and increase their quality of education.
However, this place has been a mixed feeling to me. Sometimes it's like all WOW! I love this place. I wanna stay here forever. And sometimes it's like Noo! I don't wanna do this. I wanna go back home.
Because Lamjung, it is a place where some people indirectly tells me where my shawl is, where some people are drunk in the middle of the day and talk shits, where some teachers sleep in school and blame things for not working together.
Despite all that, Lamjung, where I've little eyes upon me looking for opportunities and exposure, where I get the motivation to teach because of the situation I see, where there is love, lots of love. ❤️

Comments

Post a Comment